The Plant Group is a wholesale nursery that specializes in producing container grown perennials and the nursery offers over 2000 varieties. We produce and ship plants that are in their second year of growth. This insures that our perennials have: a well developed root system with an excess of stored nutrition, and a mature well branched, heavily flowering plant.
Our plants are distributed in the northeastern states to retail garden centers, wholesalers, landscapers, landscape architects, parks and golf courses.
As a wholesale nursery, we are unable to accept orders directly from consumers. To locate a retail garden center that carries our products, please Contact Us.
Our growing facility is located on 105 acres in eastern Connecticut. We produce over two and a half million plants annually at our highly automated facilities. A few bare facts about our nursery:
• We are the largest supplier of perennials in New England.
• During the spring and early summer we deliver seven to nine tractor-trailers of perennials daily throughout most of New England, eastern New York, New Jersey and eastern Pennsylvania.
• Our plants are grown on 40 irrigated acres and in 2 acres of state-of-the-art glass greenhouses.
• Our automated potting machinery allows us to pot 26,000 2½ quart and 8,000 1 gallon containers a day.
• During the spring and summer our workforce numbers over 90.
• As a result of producing plants of outstanding quality our perennials display better in stores, perform better for your customers and outsell competitors' plants that are displayed in the same garden center.
• We reliably deliver your order in our own trucks with our own congenial drivers.
• 2011 is The Plant Group's 25th year in business. Our first quarter century has brought us a lot of hard work, a lot of personal satisfaction, great friendships and few disappointments. Thank you to those who have been a part of our first 25 years.